Thursday, December 23, 2010

What? Huh? When did that happen...


*sighs*

This last weekend, actually this whole last week, I have been reminded over and over I am no longer 21. *little sob*  In fact, it is obvious I am no longer anywhere near my 20s. *bigger sob* As for the 30s ~ lets just wipe them off the cards now *has a little cry*

But it was fun trying at the time!! And there may be hope for this old chook...

It felt like it was taking more than THREE FULL DAYS to recover!  Something is terribly wrong with that. I allowed for a day or two, even thought the next morning things were going really well and I had use the right amount of moderation. It had seemed I was wrong.
It would have been a low spend weekend - again it seemed I was wrong - discovering human nature likes to take advantage of those having a party ~ no ~ not us, although we were part of the few who contributed a heck of a lot of cash to cover the abuse of a bar tab set up by the birthday girl for her sisters and brother. People are quite horrid, arent they. *sighs* again...

Had a wonderful weekend of catching up with friends and family ~ the friends 'do' was awesome with the 'free' food, wine and cocktails (mmmm ~ lurve cocktails ~ more so when fweeee!!) which came with a ride home at no cost and the easy laughter and chatter of old friends, ending at the civilised time of about 1230.

My sister's party was great ~ and it was really enjoyable chatting to the family, in-laws, kids and such. Sadly, some friends decided to run up a 'family' tab to the tune of $1000 and, as you would guess, my little sister was distraught and caught short. Thank goodness we had budgeted for a bit of a spend. As seven of us left, hoping for the impossible - to find taxis at 1am in South Yarra/Prahran to get us 'home' - we got to the corner of Punt Road and Commercial Road where an 8-seat taxi bus happened to cut through the petrol station, vacant and happy to take us all. Fluke, karma, whatever - what a relief and score!!

Caught up with MIL on Sunday and headed off home. Monday felt like I had drunk too much still or perhaps eaten something which did not agree with me. Tuesday pretended to feel OK in the morning to do some volunteer work (will tell you about that another day) then faded ~ not quietly either.

Today, still feeling like death warmed up ~ a trip to the doctor was made. Better part of $150 for the appointment AND medication because I have not scrimped on doing a half arsed job on being ill.  I have whooping cough ~ and an ear-nose-throat infection. Add to that a virus in the bronchial AND laryngitis ~ four prescriptions later, and vile tasting stuff at that, still feel like crap but at least I know my lungs will stay in my chest now...

Merry Happy Christmas Holiday time ~ 
Please send only good wishes, healthy thoughts and get well vibes ~ I think these are so much more needed than any coins in the spare change jar this week. I know all of us want this Christmas to be happy, joyful and fun ~ because the last two have been a bit flat, tight and limiting ~ and we would love a super special fun time this year. THAT would be the best gift of all!!

Night all ~ must sleep ~ again...

No comments:

Post a Comment